The 2015 RIBN Christmas quiz took place this morning with eight teams taking part. The questions this time tested everyone's knowledge of RIBN member and local business logos, music and famous quotes from films.
The prize at stake? A fine bottle of red and white wine for the winning duo and of course the dreaded wooden spoon for the losing team, which this year was none other than Cliff Richard's latest album "75 at 75" (yes he's done it again, just in time for Christmas!).
The score was out of 60 points and three teams got over the 30 mark, with the wining team scoring 35 - so it was a closely contested quiz yet again.
Commiserations to the losing team (no names mentioned) who will have to endure a full 75 Cliff Richard songs over the festive period.
N.B. For those that missed the quiz, there were 42 questions, split into three sections, with a total of 60 points available.
SECTION ONE: Name the companies from the logos
SECTION TWO: Here are 18 song snippets - can you get the song names and artists?
Two points available for each track - one for the song name, one for the artist.
SECTION THREE: Famous Movie Quotes - can you guess the films that these quotes appeared in?
- “What is your malfunction, you fat barrel of monkey spunk?” 1pt
- “Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.” 1pt
- “I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse." 1pt
- “Here's Johnny!” 1pt
- "I see dead people." 1pt
- "How could I forget about you, you're the only person I know." 1pt
- "What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad." 1pt
- "What we've got here is failure to communicate." 1pt
- "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti." 1pt
- "Let's go to the Winchester, have a pint and wait for this to all blow over." 1pt
- "I f**ked her brains out... for eleven seconds!" 1pt
- “May the Force Be With You.” 1pt
How would you have done?